Before you begin your hunt for information, discuss and answer the following six questions as a group. Do NOT use the internet for these questions.
1. List at least two reasons that dams are built.
2. In your opinion, WHO is responsible for the maintenance of a dam (the company that built it, the community who uses it, local government, federal government, etc.)? Explain your answer.
3. What are at least 3 reasons that a dam might be removed?
4. Imagine that a dam needs to be taken down. What factors must be considered before a dam can be removed?
5. In your opinion, which of the factors that you listed is the MOST important and why?
6. WHO do you believe should be involved the dam removal process? Why?
- The Assignment
- Step 1: Introduction
- Step 2: History
- Step 3: Dam Removal
- Step 4: Environment
- Step 5: Conclusion